Wednesday, June 2, 2010

And so it begins...

For those still on the edge of your seat...I made it safely to the Bahamas. I arrived in Nassau on May 26, took the ferry to Spanish Wells on the 27th, and remained in Spanish Wells with the Albury family until Saturday when we made the move to Tarpum Bay, Eleuthera where we will be staying for the rest of the summer.
On Monday we welcomed our first mission team of the summer. A team of 19 highschool aged guys and girls from the Master's Academy in Orlando, FL. They have been painting one of our new buses and working on the property. Along with that in the afternoons they have been doing basketball clinics for the youth in the community. At night they have played basketball games against the local guys and girls their age. On Friday they will host a 3 on 3 tournament for the island.

So far, my summer has started out just as the last two have. It is crazy to think that when August comes I won't be hoping on a plane that takes me back to fast food, my cell phone, and temperatures below 90. But it is a good feeling. Even in my times of doubt God is patient with me and reveals to me over and over again why He has me here.

We are getting ready to throw the camp prep into high gear; putting the last things together as camp quickly approaches. It is an exciting time and a time of anticipation for camp.

Please pray:
- for the mission team that is here now and the others that will be coming
- for the CB staff
- for camp that is quickly approaching

No comments:

Post a Comment